Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium


Exchange error 0x8004010F - An object could not be found

Posted on 2006-03-22
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2008-01-09
I am getting the following error in Outlook 2003 doing a send/receive.  I am running Exchange 2003:

The Microsoft Exchange Server reported error 0x800401f.  The operation failed.  An object could not be found.  I have followed the instructions in the link, but have had no success.  Any ideas?

Question by:bleujaegel
LVL 104

Expert Comment

ID: 16272552
Without knowing which bit it is failing to find, further diagnosis is impossible.
The answer I gave in that question is the most common reason, but you need to look at the sync logs to see which folder is throwing the error.


Author Comment

ID: 16273654
I just figured it out.  For some strange reason, the Mailbox Store's entry in it's properties tab for the 'Offline Address List' dissappeared.  It was there before, then it was not.  I had to run oabinteg.exe to find this out.  I overlooked it, because I didn't change it.  Now I know.

Accepted Solution

GranMod earned 0 total points
ID: 16485125
PAQed with points refunded (500)

Community Support Moderator

Featured Post

Get your Conversational Ransomware Defense e‑book

This e-book gives you an insight into the ransomware threat and reviews the fundamentals of top-notch ransomware preparedness and recovery. To help you protect yourself and your organization. The initial infection may be inevitable, so the best protection is to be fully prepared.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article will help to fix the below errors for MS Exchange Server 2016 I. Certificate error "name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site" II. Out of Office not working III. Make Internal URLs and Externa…
Exchange administrators are always vigilant about Exchange crashes and disasters that are possible any time. It is quite essential to identify the symptoms of a possible Exchange issue and be prepared with a proper recovery plan. There are multiple…
The basic steps you have just learned will be implemented in this video. The basic steps are shown to configure an Exchange DAG in a live working Exchange Server Environment and manage the same (Exchange Server 2010 Software is used in a Windows Ser…
This video shows how to quickly and easily deploy an email signature for all users in Office 365 and prevent it from being added to replies and forwards. (the resulting signature is applied on the server level in Exchange Online) The email signat…
Suggested Courses

577 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question