I have device running windows ce (using platformbuilider 5.0). It is responsible for collecting data from an instrument. What we would like to do now is to have some sort of database on this. In the platformbuilder I can select SQL Server CE 2.0 but when I browse around the not for how to use this I get a bit confused. Thus I have a few questions ( I am for now looking for an overview and not necessarily a lot of tech:
* how do I configure the server?
* how do I configure access to the server?
* what is the difference between SQL Server CE 2.0 and SQL Server 2000 CE?
* will it be possible to access the database with ODBC?
* are there other alternatives that er better (XML database, other SQL server)?