I can't seem to send emails to my mail enabled public folders from external addresses. I can however send emails to them from my outlook client which is connected to the BE server. When it's sent from an external source it sits in the queue of the FE server in the "local Delivery" section.
I have the following setup.
Exchange 2003 SP2 FE
Firewall (all ports configured correctly)
Exchange 2003 SP2 BE
Recently I ran an eseutil /d on both the mailbox and the public folder stores.
I have checked both the databases with the eseutil /mh command, both are fine.
I have also checked the public folder store with the isinteg -test alltests command
I have stopped and restarted all services
I have restarted both servers
I have restored the public folder store from a backup taken before the eseutil /d command was done, it failed to mount and had a "dirty shutdown" state, I ran the eseutil /p command on it and the store then mounted, it also has a clean state when eseutil /mh was ran.
After all this, emails sent from my firstname.lastname@example.org account to an address of a mail enabled public folder still fails.