I'm getting a problem when generating crystal report in .net. specially in c#
There is always a popup window called " Database login", asking input for ServerName, Database, LoginId and password. And whatever login id and password
I'm using an Access database as datasource without any login restrictions...
I created the Crystal Report using ADO.NET DataSet (.xsd file) as Database...
look at my steps and Is there anything I'm missing here? Please help.
To create a dataset object from a database
Create a new schema file in the project:
1. In the Solution Explorer, right-click the project name, point to Add, and click Add New Item.
2. In the Categories area of the Add New Item dialog box, expand the folder and select Data.
3. In the Templates area, select Dataset.
4. Accept the default name Dataset1.xsd.
This creates a new schema file (Dataset1.xsd) that will be used to generate a strongly-typed dataset. The schema file will be displayed in the ADO.NET Dataset Designer.
Specify where the database is located:
1. In the Server Explorer, right-click Data Connections and select Add Connection.
2. In the Data Link Properties dialog box, click the Provider tab and select a provider
3. Click the Connection tab and specify the location of your database. Click OK.
my database, its tables, and its fields now appear in the Server Explorer under the Data Connections node.
In the Solution Explorer, double-click Dataset1.xsd, Dataset1.xsd should now be displayed in the Dataset tab.
drag the desired tables from the Server Explorer to the Dataset tab of Dataset1.xsd.
Click Save Dataset1.xsd to save the Dataset1.xsd file.
On the Build menu, click Build to generate the dataset object for the project.
In crystal report
To connect a report to an ADO.NET dataset object
1. In the Database Expert, expand the Project Data folder.
2. Expand the ADO.NET Datasets folder.
3. Select the dataset object.
the code is :
private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
CrystalReport1 cr = new CrystalReport1();
this.crystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = cr;
this is exactly what i did ....
what is problem ...................?
NOTE : In the Database Expert when i select Database Files as data source the problem doesn't occur ..