• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 270
  • Last Modified:

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

We started receiving this error for all our users this morning and from everything that I have read, it has to do with the Global Address List or the Offline Address book. A number of solutions include rebuilding the GAL, which is what I am trying to do. However, we are running Exchange 5.5 and I can not for the life of me find how to do this. I've been through Microsoft Exchange Administrator and I can't seem to find an option on rebuilding the GAL.  So my question is, how do I rebuild the GAL for Exchange 5.5? Our users are running Outlook 2003 clients.
0
warlockvix
Asked:
warlockvix
1 Solution
 
warlockvixAuthor Commented:
Nevermind, as soon as I posted, I found the solution to our problem. Alt + Enter on DS Site Configuration under Configuration and go to Offline Address Book. Click on the GAL and Generate All. Poof! Problem gone.
0
 
EE_AutoDeleterCommented:
warlockvix,
Because you have presented a solution to your own problem which may be helpful to future searches, this question is now PAQed and your points have been refunded.

EE_AutoDeleter
0

Featured Post

Hire Technology Freelancers with Gigs

Work with freelancers specializing in everything from database administration to programming, who have proven themselves as experts in their field. Hire the best, collaborate easily, pay securely, and get projects done right.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now