SMS Site code changed

Posted on 2006-03-27
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2008-03-06

Recently I reinstalled my SMS 2003 Server, and the old site code that I used was DR1 now it is 001, there are some PCs that are reporting that does not have the client installed, they does but when I checked the site code assigned is DR1 and when I manually client on Discover button it detects the new site code 001, How can i do this automatically from the SMS Console, I tried to re-deploy the clients but this doesn't work.

Help appreciated!

Question by:poweronedr
LVL 33

Accepted Solution

NJComputerNetworks earned 1000 total points
ID: 16300847
you can't fix this from the Administrators Console.  Reason:  You re-installed the SMS Site.  The client machines are ophaned.

However, if you know the machine names and you have local admin rights, your can use a script to update the client.  Use this utility to redeploy the clients...and with this you can set a new site code:  http://www.myitforum.com/articles/8/view.asp?id=7073

Author Comment

ID: 16301217
Thank you!

I will work with this tool, It seems to be working with the clients..


Featured Post

Vote for the Most Valuable Expert

It’s time to recognize experts that go above and beyond with helpful solutions and engagement on site. Choose from the top experts in the Hall of Fame or on the right rail of your favorite topic page. Look for the blue “Nominate” button on their profile to vote.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

by Batuhan Cetin In this article I will be guiding through the process of removing a failed DC metadata from Active Directory (hereafter, AD) using the ntdsutil tool in a Windows Server 2003 environment. These steps are not necessary in a Win…
On July 14th 2015, Windows Server 2003 will become End of Support, leaving hundreds of thousands of servers around the world that still run this 12 year old operating system vulnerable and potentially out of compliance in many organisations around t…
This Micro Tutorial will teach you how to add a cinematic look to any film or video out there. There are very few simple steps that you will follow to do so. This will be demonstrated using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.
This video shows how to quickly and easily deploy an email signature for all users in Office 365 and prevent it from being added to replies and forwards. (the resulting signature is applied on the server level in Exchange Online) The email signat…

862 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question