When running my application I get reserved error -1517 there is no message for this error

I have a front end application that links to a backend database and is used by several users. The backend started to have problems and I did a repair database, but I am still having problems. When I open the form that connects to the main table, four of the fields display the word #Error instead of the data. When I scroll through the records, I get the reserved error -1517 with no message.

I had an earlier error saying that the field named 'Description' does not exist in the table, but no form uses that field. Now I no longer get this error, but am having problems. This is an urget issue.
UcaihcAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

VB_ARGHCommented:
I'm assuming this is just a standard ODBC link here ...

For now, try refreshing the link - go to the table view in your front-end, right-click on the table that's giving you trouble and go to "Linked Table Manager".  Select your linked tables and hit "OK" to refresh the link.  Then try it again, it could be that simple.
peter57rCommented:
Hi Ucaihc,
It's not worth trying to diagnose the problem at this point.

For both front-end and backend, create a new empty database and import all objects into the new one.
Put the backend into its correct location and relink the front-end; redistribute the new front end.

If you stil have problems, then you will have to inspect the data in the backend, table by table to see if you can spot any corruption (usually indicated by #deleted in the data).


Pete

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
UcaihcAuthor Commented:
Yes, I made a copy of the backend and linked the tables in the front end to the copy. It seems to work. Is that Ok for now?
peter57rCommented:
You should check the contents of the backend tables, at least by looking at record counts and comparing those with the old backend counts.
Make sure you retain your old backend as a backup in case you discover problems later on.

I can't say whether this has fixed the problem.  Only time will tell.
If you get recurring problems you have to try other things to diagnose the cause.


Pete
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft Access

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.