logon script not running
Posted on 2006-03-27
We currently have logon scripts running for users, which map drivers, and do other tasks. I tried to change a logon script to run a different file, but it seems that that file does not run
The script I am trying to run is a MS CRM 3.0 terminal services script, and instructions from the file are found here:
Step B: Prepare the terminal server
1. Create a network share where all the domain users have read access.
2. Copy the contents of the download to the share.
3. Open the TermInstall.cmd file in a text editor.
4. Edit the Terminstall.cmd file with values that are specific to your deployment.
1. SOURCE - Location of the network share created in step 1.
2. CRMPATH - Path where Microsoft CRM client for Outlook is installed (the default path is "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft CRM").
3. WEBAPPURL - URL of the server running Microsoft CRM Server.
5. Link the Terminstall.cmd file to each Microsoft CRM user's Logon Script.
1. Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
2. Open each Microsoft CRM user's properties, and click the Profile tab.
3. Under the Logon Script, type the path to the TermInstall.cmd file (for example "\\MyShare\CRM\TermInstall.cmd install").
Note You can also do step 5 above by using the Group Policy object.
so basically I run that terminstall.cmd install command inside a batch file, because by putting in "\\MyShare\CRM\TermInstall.cmd install" nothing happens. If I run the command locally logged in, it runs fine, so its not running from the script. and I think it has something to do with the quotes