Problem Accessing Web pages after Active Directory rebuld
First to give some info about the system and a little background.
Operating system is a Windows 2003, IIS6, and active directory with all updates applied. I have some web pages that are user name and password protected. Some of the pages connect to a database using ASP pages. The pages have been working perfect for about 2 years. All access with the users in active directory works perfect. The first problem I had was when the server would reboot; it would take 45 minutes to finally come up. I did a reboot, pressed F8 and did a rebuild for active directory. The rebuild stated that there were a couple of files that were bad and repaired them. After reboot the server came up and rebooted perfectly without any delay.
Now for the current problem with web pages. The pages that had a user name and password just keep asking for the user name and password as if you were entering it incorrectly. I checked in active directory and all looks OK. I even added a new user just to try.
Here is what I found.
If you take a web page that allowed anonymous access, changed access permissions to use Integrated windows authentication, the window will ask for user name and password but acts like the password or name is incorrect. I have checked that the files and directory permissions are correct. Change the permissions for the web page back to anonymous and it will work. I need the restricted web pages to work like they did before the active directory rebuild.