Here's a quick description:
- 10 PCs networked (9 desktops, 1 notebook, all with static IPs running combination of XP Pro, Win 2000), logging in to Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- DNS configured as per best practices
- DSL w/ static IP
- 8 PCs have no problem and operate fine
- 2 PCs seem to have a problem as the day goes on (they are fine early in the day). They slow down to a crawl when trying to access anything over the network. My clients call it freezing but it really is just taking a LOOONNGG time to retrieve the information. If they turn either one of them off and the other is OK so obviously some sort of conflict.
- I have checked the IPs of the 2 PCs and will be checking the MAC addresses this morning
- 1 of the PCs is the notebook using a docking station the other a standard desktop
This has been a very frustrating problem as it is impossible to recreate when I am actually onsite.
Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.