gridview omitting <BR> in databound field
Posted on 2006-03-29
After doing a conversion from asp 1.0 to 2.0 I'm also upgrading all of my datagrids to gridviews. What I'm doing is using a mysql query to bind it to a databound field in a gridview. The datagrids were able to handle the <BR> and add the appropriate line break, however the gridview is actually adding <BR> to the text. I've tried adding controlchars.NewLine within my concat function of mysql but that didn't work. I also tried doing a .replace("<BR>", "****"), the '*' is for testing, during RowDataBound and PreRender but to no avail.