Connect to Informix DB through SQL Server stored-procedure
Posted on 2006-04-03
What I need is to access an Informix database using a MS SQL Server 2000 stored-procedure. These are the steps I need to develop:
1. Connect to an Informix database using an ODBC connection which I already have configured;
2. Fetch data from the Informix database (it's a very simple SELECT statement);
3. Write the result of that query to a text file, using however any file manipulation objects (I believe they exist).
In conclusion, what I need to know is:
1. How to use Informix ODBC connection on a SQL Server 2000 stored-procedure.
2. How to create (or not) any kind of cursors which can help me fetch data.
3. How to write to a text file or what objects may I use to edit text files on the hard disk.
Can someone please help on this one? I don't really know much about stored-procedures in SQL Server, however I have good programming background, which will make it easy for me to understand any solution or information you may provide me.
Thankx in advance!