I just bought a new Cisco PIX 501 Firewall 6.3(5). My only problem is that I don't know how to configure it. I bought so I can learn how to use it, but the Cisco PDF document is only helpful if you know what you're looking for and understand its language. Hopefully, Expert Exchange Member can help me with a few questions that I have.
Diagram: LAN -----> PIX ------> Cable Modem, no static --------> WWW.
1. How do allow Internal Hosts access to the Internet?
2. How do I configure my Outside Interface to obtain an IP Address? I tried setting up PPPoE, but that didn't work for me to well.
3. I don't see an IP Address for Outside Interface, why?
4. Do I need to setup NAT and PAT to allow internal host access to the Internet?
5. What good books or websites can I go learn more about configuring Cisco PIX firewall? Note: I do have login access to Cisco's website, thanks to a company that I work who has a partnership with Cisco.
6. Do I need to secure my firewall or is it configured for me by default?