Hello, I'll start with the Error Message I am receiving,
Whenever I try to view a local asp file I get this error message:
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0201'
Invalid Default Script Language
The default script language specified for this application is invalid.
I have followed the following guide for installation: http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_install.asp
How to install IIS and run ASP on Windows XP Professional
1. Insert the Windows XP Professional CD-Rom into your CD-Rom Drive
2. From your Start Button, go to Settings, and Control Panel
3. In the Control Panel window select Add/Remove Programs
4. In the Add/Remove window select Add/Remove Windows Components
5. In the Wizard window check Internet Information Services, click OK
6. An Inetpub folder will be created on your harddrive
7. Open the Inetpub folder, and find a folder named wwwroot
8. Create a new folder, like "MyWeb", under wwwroot.
9. Use a text editor to write some ASP code, save the file as "test1.asp" in the "MyWeb" folder
10. Make sure your Web server is running - its status can be checked by going into the Control Panel, then Administrative Tools, and double-click the "IIS Manager" icon
11. Open your browser and type in "http://localhost/MyWeb/test1.asp
", to view your first ASP page
I am going crazy, I have spent over 8 hours messing around with settings, removing and reinstalling the IIS and there has been no improvement whatsoever. I have not found any help on the internet either, every tutorial is about the same and no solutions have been available for my problem. This seems to be the #1 unsolved problem on ASP across many forums and I am willing to work with you to solve it once and for all.