When you right-click a file and go to Properties and then go to the Summary tab, there are several extra pieces of information being displayed (title, company, etc...). How can you read this information via VB or VB.NET?
I have tried using the DSO library from MS, but it doesn't work, it only works on MS documents. I have read tons tons of posts in EE and via Google but not a single one has the solution; I've tried them all.
The reason I need this is because I am writing a small app that will read an MP3 file, extract the SongName and rename the file based on the SongName tag. I have this working beautifully. But, I have some files that do not have MP3 tag (or at least not that I can read in code), but it does have the proper name in the Title property on the Summary tab. So, if I can't get the SongName from the MP3 tags, then I want to look at the Title property and use that (if it exists).
Things I have tried already:
1) Using FSO (File System Object) - Not even close
2) Using DSO - Not even close, only worked on MS docs
3) Using reflection to get the assembly data; this one worked, but only for my running application, I couldn't figure out any way to specify what file's assembly data I wanted to read - THIS WAS THE CLOSEST
4) Searching Google for a couple of hours - Nothing turned up
5) Searching previous EE posts on the subject for a couple of hours - No actual working, accepted answers
6) Searching MSDN for a couple of hours
Can anyone help with this? Thank you all in advance.
And yes, I know that there are some other programs already out there that I could use to do this for me, but that's not what I want; I want my own code and my own application that does this. Many thanks.