i created a very small program, with no extra components, created an exe
and some people now downloaded it.
Some of them (not many) get the error message when they try to run it: not a valid Win32 application.
This exe is only 88 KB in size.
If i use Installshield to create an installation package it grows to over 5 MB in size, which is pretty much unacceptable for such a small program.
(in redistributables in Installshield:
- Microsoft component category manager library <--> can not be unchecked)
- Microsoft OLE 2.40 for windows NT and Windows 95 <--> can not be unchecked)
- Microsoft Visual basic Virtual Machine 6.0 <--> can be unchecked)
Components that are checked in Visual Basic: None...
- Visual basic for applications
- Visual basic runtime obects and procedures
- Visual basic objects and procedures
- OLE Automation
Pretty much lost here....