I have a C# application that currently uses SQL Server Express 2005 for it's database. Several of my users are having problems with connections using Windows XP. I am considering migrating to an ODBC type of engine. The question is which is best for my application? Here are my requirements:
1. I would like to use MS Access for the database.
2. I am currently using the T-SQL "LIKE" command in sevaral of my queries.
3. I need a database engine that will support under a hundred thousand records.
4. I would prefer something that is compatible with the SQL Server Express 2005 command structure, so I don't have to change all of my commands, just the objects.
5. Hopefully, would be easy to programmatically migrate from the physical SQL Server database.
Any suggestions which would be best for my application?