Im going nuts with trying to get a certificate installed and setting up SSL on our server.
Im trying to install a Standalone CA Server on a Windows 2003 Server in a 2003 Domain. I then want to configure SSL for the default web site. I have IIS installed on the system.
Computer Name is TESTBOX
Here are the steps Im using: ==========================
1) Install Certifcate Services
- Add/Remove Programs - Certificate Services. I select the Standalone Root CA option
- Common Name for this CA: TESTBOX
2) Create a certificate request file.
3) Issue it in CA
4) Open the certificate - copy to file - save as a .cer extension.
5) In IIS - Directory Security - Process and install certificate. Point to the .cer file. Done.
Im just stumped....I cant this to work whatsoever.
I dont see a padlock when I type in https://localhost.....just
says web page cannot be displayed.