Move BackupExec to new hardware
Posted on 2006-04-11
The server (Windows 2000) is using BackupExec 8.6 for backup, now I want to setup a new hardware to do the same job, but it has some problem ..
At first, I have installed BackupExec 8.6 same version into new server, and added licenses with the during installation.
- Backup Exec for Windows NT/2000
- Agents of Exchange
- Agents of Oracle
- Backup Exec Open File Option
And then we can add the file/folder from local/network drive on "Selections" menu. The backup job can be successfully finished, but for another services as Exchange mailbox or Oracle...
1. Disappeared some services on "Selections" tab such as "Mircrosoft Terminal Services", "Web Client Network", and Oracle Agents" etc. What's step I missed ? Or something should be transferred from old backup server ? Even do the deployment job again ?
2. Except this new server, any change from client servers ?
3. What is the function of Backup Exec Open File Option ? Why it has one Open File Option wizard on BackupExec console (Tools -> Open File Option Wizard) ?
Can help please ? Thanks !