I just got the Dimension 5150 wth datasafe that I ordered recently and have few questions. Can anyone take a shot at this / confrm my thinking?
1) So is there any documentation about this!?
2) From opening the box and watching the boot process, I see there's 2 - 160 gb drives in a hardware RAID 1 configuration (mirroring of the 2 drives - everything on drive A is also on drive b - protects against drive a or b failing). all that right?
3) so does the 5150 come with hardware raid standard, even if you don't order datasafe? Or is there differences in the motherboard / bios that enables raid on the machines you pay for it?
4) You've got 4 partitions on the drive according to drive manager - a dell utility partition, the C drive, the D drive (which is where ghost stores snapshots) and another partition that holds the restore of the original drive (so they don't have to send the restore CD). All that right?
5) So the ghost part of this is just to take the snapshots? how does this differ / improve on windows system restore, which I've never used.