I am going to migrate from novell netware to windows 2003 server.
The following is the procedure that I installed the windows 2003 Active directory. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE FOLLoWING PROCEDURE that I done IS RIGHT OR NOT?
1. I installed windows 2003 Server (domain-A), then DNS on the same machine and installed Active Directory.
2. Then I installed another machine windows 2003 (domain-B) , then seconday DNS B and installed Additional Domain Controller.
3. The primary aim of this server is for file server. We have 150 user.
4. I created a user name "Richard" in domain-A and this user shows in domain-B
5. I created a user name "Steve" in domain-B and this user shows in domain-A
In the workstation ,i.e client machine I done the following things.
1. In the primary dns and the secondary dns I put the domain-A and domain-B IP Address.
2. Joined the workstation to the server.
everything is working properly.
Please let me know the above installtion procedure is proper to join the 150 workstion .