[Okta Webinar] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now


Applog 1030 and 1058 Userenv errors after DC upgrade to Server 2003 R2

Posted on 2006-04-12
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2010-04-18
I upgraded my DC by first running ForestPrep and AdPrep off the second R2 CD, then inserted the CD and upgraded the server.

After restarting, the server took over 10 minutes "preparing network connections" before it finally came back up. And looking at the Application Log I have 1030 Userenv and 1058 Userenv errors every 10 minutes. Can anyone tell me why these are showing up now?
Question by:dplusp
  • 2

Author Comment

ID: 16437942
After further research I've determinied that the GPO the 1058 event is referring to is our Default Domain Policy, which has been disabled for some time. Why am I now getting these error messages? They started after the DC upgrade.

LVL 85

Accepted Solution

oBdA earned 2000 total points
ID: 16437952
The 1030/1058 errors are likely to go away if you open a command prompt and enter
dfsutil /purgemupcache
(requires the Support Tools).
Otherwise, check here for a troubleshooting list:
Applying Group Policy causes Userenv errors and events to occur on your computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000

As for the long boot time, check your DNS settings:
10 DNS Errors That Will Kill Your Network

Frequently Asked Questions About Windows 2000 DNS and Windows Server 2003 DNS

Best practices for DNS client settings in Windows 2000 Server and in Windows Server 2003

Author Comment

ID: 16439177
Thanks! I installed the newest support tools and ran dfsutil /purgemupcache and that took care of the error messages.      


Featured Post

Independent Software Vendors: We Want Your Opinion

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Organizations create, modify, and maintain huge amounts of data to help their businesses earn money and generally function.  Typically every network user within an organization has a bit of disk space to store in process items and personal files.   …
This article provides a convenient collection of links to Microsoft provided Security Patches for operating systems that have reached their End of Life support cycle. Included operating systems covered by this article are Windows XP,  Windows Server…
Integration Management Part 2
This lesson discusses how to use a Mainform + Subforms in Microsoft Access to find and enter data for payments on orders. The sample data comes from a custom shop that builds and sells movable storage structures that are delivered to your property. …

872 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question