I have attempted to move the pst file for outlook to a network drive. When I move the file I get Outlook's 0x80004005 error stating that it can not send or receive email. I have Norton Internet Security installed on this machine as well. I believe that my issue might be with it. But can't figure out how to make Outlook 2003 work with the pst file being on the network drive.
I have tried many things to correct this problem. I have listed them below for reference. Btw, when I move the file back to it's original location it works just fine.
1. I have disable all of norton internet security. Including antivirus, spam, scripting, firewall. I have stopped short of deinstalling it.
2. I have created a new profile for this email account.
3. I have recreated the links in outlook to the new location of the pst file.
4. I removed the files from the original location on the locale drive.
5. I have searched microsoft for solutions.
6. I have searched this site for solutions.
7. I have searched with google for solutions.
8. I still have the error. I pretty sure I am correctly changing the pointers as I'm able to make it work when I put it back to it's original location. I don't see anything in norton that I can change to make sure that it knows where the file is.