Blue Screen Problem
Posted on 2006-04-16
I seem to running into a stream of bad luck this week. My first laptop died, and now my second one is having a similar problem.
If the computer has been turned off for a period of time, it will boot into windows normally. However, after a period of time--sometimes minutes, sometimes an hour--the computer will freeze with the following error:
1. Blue Screen: Messages of note are: 0x000007A; 0xc02018A4; 0xc000000E; 0x806297eb; 0x09eb3860
2. When I attempt to reboot, I recieve the following error: Operating System Can't Be Found
1. I have ruled out the harddrive, as Active Smart has tested positive, and I am able to use the disk in other systems.
2. Despite ruling out the harddrive, I DO hear an audible click every so often and the screen will freeze.
3. The fact that it takes a 'cool down' period before it will boot normally, makes me suspect a CMOS problem
4. I have reseated all of the components, and removed those unneccesary for basic operation to help in diagnosing this problem.
5. This computer fell out of warranty a week ago, but was serviced a month ago (harddrive replacement)-- should I be able to get them to do a follow-up service if they failed to fix it?