I have one user that is having problems using Activesync. This issue is consistent for the user on any device that is attempted. The Device is receiving a 500 Internal Server error message. I have turned on verbose logging, and not much else useful really comes back. I deleted the user and the mailbox and recreated him. The problem still persisted.
Since Activesync uses the Pre-Windows 2000 username, i thought that perhaps it was getting truncated on the devices somehow. The usersname was 'impact.moor5567'. I Changed the pre-windows account name and the mailbox alias to 'moor' instead.
I still recieve the error. Since my understanding is that Activesync is part of the OMA functionality, I decided to try to log in to OMA and see what happened. I receive an error when i attempt to log in here as well. The page comes back with a message saying: " Network problems are preventing OMA from working properly. Please try again later. If this problem persists contact your administrator."
The front-end server also throws a message in the Application Event log, and cannot find any other information. Here is the information:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeOMA
Event Category: (1000)
Event ID: 1904
Unable to connect to the global catalog server. To fix this problem, verify that network connectivity exists between this server and the global catalog servers. Also, verify that the global catalog servers are working properly.
Again, OMA and Activesync work fine for all of my other users, just this one user has issues.