I have used GPOs before, but I cannot get one to map a network driver for me using a luser ogin script.
1. I have run gpupdate on the target machine
2. The Event Viewer on the target machine indicates Event ID 1704, Security Policy in the Group Policy Objects container has been applied successfully.
3. The Group Policy Management's Group Policy Results indicates that the login script GPO was Applied Successfully.
4. The network share is available, as I manuall tested it from the target GPO machine.
5. The permissions are ok to establish the share.
6. I ran the userenv debug by making Registry changes, and I get the following text, indicating success:
USERENV(6a0.fc0) 17:02:12:637 ProcessGPO: User has access to this GPO.
USERENV(6a0.fc0) 17:02:12:647 ProcessGPO: GPO passes the filter check.
USERENV(6a0.fc0) 17:02:12:647 ProcessGPO: Found functionality version of: 2
USERENV(6a0.fc0) 17:02:12:647 ProcessGPO: Found file system path of: ......(ETC)
But I cannot get it to map a network drive!
When I type in the drive, that is supposed to be mapped via the GPO, I get the following error message: The system cannot find the drive specified.
Here is the script:
if exist t:\ net use t: /delete
net use t: \\ris\cliffshare /persistent:no >nul