I'm trying to start a wireless ISP (WISP) using Motorolla Canopy gear and I'm on a small budget and I was wondering if any of you pros have any recomendations as to how to properly set up an ISP to provide the best service including, monitor traffic for mis-use, optimizing usage, recommended monitoring software, tips or things that I should do to provide the best service.
I have so far,
1. One Mikrotik router. www.mikrotik.com
built from an Asus P5MT-M Server board with a P4 3.0 and 1GB ram and a 4 port nic card.
2. One FreeBSD email/dns server.
3. Rooftop rights to a providers co-location, with a 10mb link.
4. A Motorolla Backhaul on the roof pointing to a local mountain.
5. A Motorolla Backhaul antenna on the tower on the mountain.
6. Two Motorolla AP's on the tower, one 5.8 and one 900mhz
7. Just got my 20th customer last week.
8. Working on getting to the top of another local hilltop.
9. I have dos to ping around with and WhatsUp Professional 2006 Premium Trial.
10. Everyone has a static public IP in one of 2 class C ranges.
Thats all I've got so far. What would you suggest I do next to plan for the future and to provide future customers with the best service?
Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated.