I have two domain controllers SVR-01 and SVR-03 both Windows 2003. I am about the retire SVR-03 and replace it with another new domain controller SVR-04. Currently SVR-03 is also a DNS server.
These are the steps that I am about to perform to retire SVR-03 and make SVR-04 a domain controller. Can somebody confirm the steps and point me at some links to assist:
• Uninstall DNS service from SVR-03
• Install DNS service from SVR-04
• Change SVR-01 to point at the new DNS server svr-04
• Change all group policies that set DNS for the clients to the new server
• Use DCPROMO to demote SVR-03 (Any good links that I can follow?)
• Use DCPROMO to promote SVR-04 (Any good links that I can follow?)