Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 2350
  • Last Modified:

Crystal Reports XI R2 and VB6 Packaging Problem

I have recently taken over a project developed in VB6 and CR8.5. I didn't have CR, so I downloaded a trial version of CRXI R2 from the Business Objects site.  After a few minor bug fixes and reference changes, the project compiles and runs fine, and the reports can be viewed, but when I try to compile an installation package using the P&D Wizard, it warns me that the following files cannot be found:

Cslibu-2-0-0.dll
Cxlibw-2-6.dll
Ebus-3-3-2-4.dll
Etc-1-0-12-3.dll
Fssl-1-2-1-1.dll
libOCAHelperw-2-13.dll
libOCASecurityw-1-6.dll

I have searched my computer and can't find them. I've attempted to apply the latest service pack and hotfixes, but the installers crash, probably because I'm already on the latest version. I have tried ignoring the missing files, but the resulting package causes registration errors on the target machine.

Is there any way to fix the problem, or do I need to forget about CRXI and find a second-hand copy of CR8.5?

Thanks, Bill.
0
BilliousOz
Asked:
BilliousOz
  • 2
  • 2
1 Solution
 
peter57rCommented:
Hi BilliousOz,

Nothing you do in CR11 is compatible with CR8.5.

There was a major design change from 8.5 to 9 and there is no backward route.

Pete
0
 
BilliousOzFull-stack Microsoft developerAuthor Commented:
Hi Pete,

Yes, I realize that, which is why I have kept a copy of the original source code with all the reports in 8.5 format.

Bill
0
 
peter57rCommented:
OK - that's fine - sorry i can't help with you real Q.

Pete
0
 
frodomanCommented:
This article pertains to CR10 but it sounds like it may also apply to XI or at least help get you on the right track...

http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2016630.asp

frodoman
0
 
BilliousOzFull-stack Microsoft developerAuthor Commented:
Thanks for your help frodoman - although your suggestion didn't help me directly, it gave me an idea of what to look for. It turns out that the craxdrt.dep and craxddrt.dep files had incorrect references to older versions of the files. When I looked in System32 I found that there were later versions, evidently the ones that come with CRIX R2. I edited the two files to reflect the new names, and the project now compiles and installs correctly.

I'm not sure if the original problem was caused by CRIX itself, or if there was some issues with older runtime versions that had previously been on the same machine. Anyway, it works!

Thanks again, Bill.
0

Featured Post

Get your problem seen by more experts

Be seen. Boost your question’s priority for more expert views and faster solutions

  • 2
  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now