Where does Autorecovery store list of files to be recovered?
Posted on 2006-04-27
When Word 2003 loads, it displays the autorecovery pane. In the pane is a document that was used over a month ago. No matter what I do in the Autorecovery pane, Word does the following:
1. (If I try to open or save it:) Displays a dialog box: "Word cannot open the document. (WP Install.doc)"
2. Displays a dialog: "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk"
3. Closes the Autorecovery pane.
If I exit Word without touching the Autorecovery pane and choose 'No I don't want this file', I get the dialog in #2.
How do I stop this? As you can see below under 'Attempted Solutions', I just can't locate where Word finds this filename.
A FEW MORE DETAILS
- The bug occurs every *other* time I load Word -- Unless I don't touch the Autorecivery pane, exit Word, and choose 'I want to see these files next time'. Then, the bug occurs the next time I load Word.
- The login has admin rights
- Probably not relevant, but it's actually occurring on a Citrix server with every login.
- Microsoft KB article on Word Autorecovery: 107686
ATTEMPTED SOLUTIONS (all searches include hidden files/folders)
- Search entire hard drive for *install.doc. Nothing found.
- Search entire hard drive for *.asd and *.wbk. Nothing found.
- Delete normal.dot
- Search entire registry for install.doc. Nothing found.
- Search contents of every file on hard drive for install.doc. Nothing found.
- Tools >> Options >> ... >> Autorecovery >> disable
Any help would be appreciated.