Hello Experts. I currently have a Roku HD 1000 device setup in my living room (connected to surround sound and 56" widescreen) which I use to view pictures and listen to MP3s stored on a Iomega network hard drive. It's pretty cool but since the new Mac Mini came out, I'm thinking that it might be able to do the same things plus more. However, I've never messed with a Mac before so I'm not sure. Can you please help me with the following questions:
1. Will FrontRow be able to play MP3s stored on my network hard drive?
2. Will FrontRow be able to see the pictures stored (in a shared "Pictures" folder) on the network hard drive?
3. Can you make the machine have Frontrow load on startup?
4. Can you make the Dashboard appear on startup? (I'm thinking when I turn on the TV to see the weather widgets and stuff)
5. Is there anything else I should take into consideration?
I don't need the Mini to watch/record TV (I have a dvd recorder that can do that)...I'm just looking for a cool upgrade to my Roku.
Thanx in advance.