I'm currently struggling to install windows xp tablet edition into my Toshiba M200.
For anyone who doesn't know, this laptop doesn't have any external drive.
It may boot from some few USB CD/DVD drives but I haven't any and don't want to buy any just because of this.
My current problem is the following:
1. I successfully boot the laptop using the PXE protocol.
2. Using an external 2.5HD USB adapter I managed to copy the 2 XP CD's into the laptop's HD.
3. I run the WINNT.EXE file, the process starts copying the files to the HD.
The screen isn't actually the same that appears when we boot directly from the CD... but close.
4. At the end of the process it tells me to press ENTER key to reboot the machine, and that the Windows Installation will begin then.
5. I do that, the computer reboots but, instead of starting the Windows installation the following DOS message appears:
Insert system disk in drive.
Press any key when ready....
6. The files were well copied to the HD drive C: (at least as far I can tell).
7. I got only one 4Gb FAT32 partition on my HD. (out of a 60Gb HD)
I already tried it with Windows XP Server 2003 Standard and the process is exactly the same... same screens, same result.
Why doesn't the installation process continue?????