troubleshooting Question

Getting my hands on the "fsextend.exe" utility

Avatar of paulyv
paulyv asked on
Windows Server 2003
11 Comments1 Solution5884 ViewsLast Modified:
Hi, I have exactly the same problem as this thread : 

I need to tell the Master File Table that there is more space it can use. I have used Diskpart to extend and allocate space to the existing partition. I now need to use the fsextend utility, this is where the problem is.

In order for me to get this utility from MS PSS I need to quote either a KB or Article number, there is no way around this. Unfortunately I cannot find one relating to Win2k3.

My question is, can someone post a link to an actual MS KB or article that I can quote to them in order to get this utility? Or, can I get this utility from someone on this forum?


Our community of experts have been thoroughly vetted for their expertise and industry experience.

Log in to continue reading
Become an EE member today7-DAY FREE TRIAL
Members can start a 7-Day Free trial then enjoy unlimited access to the platform for $9.99/mo
View membership options
Unlock 1 Answer and 11 Comments.
Learn why we charge membership fees
We get it - no one likes a content blocker. Take one extra minute and find out why we block content.
See how we're fighting big data
The Value of Experts Exchange in My Daily IT Life

Experts Exchange (EE) has become my company's go-to resource to get answers. I've used EE to make decisions, solve problems and even save customers. OutagesIO has been a challenging project and... Keep reading >>


Owner of Outages.IO
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Member Since 2016
Join a full scale community that combines the best parts of other tools into one platform.
Unlock 1 Answer and 11 Comments.
View membership options
“All of life is about relationships, and EE has made a virtual community a real community. It lifts everyone's boat.”
William Peck

Member since 2004