We have Windows Server 2003 R2 - how do I set up a VPN to perform remote file sharing?
We performed the following steps:
1. Ran through the wizard to configure Windows Server 2003 R2 to accept VPN connections.
2. Shared ports 45, 1723, for both UDP and TCP, on the router.
3. Figured out our public IP address using www.whatismyipaddress.com
4. When we attempted to log in from the external computer, it rejected the user name after we entered it.
5. We then shared port 500 - now, it rejected any connection, and didn't even ask for a username.
What are we doing wrong here?