Oraccle DB & Apps migration from Sun 6800's to Fujitsu Primepower 1500's
Posted on 2006-05-03
We have several Sun 6800's that are being consolidated into 2 Fujitsu Primepower 1500's. One will be the test/datagard set of domains, the other configured for production domains. The OS will be the same OS, Solaris 5.9 64bit, with different OS patches for the new environment.
The databases and apps are on the SAN which will be the same redirected to the new environments.
The basic plan for implementation currently is something like this:
* Check for any Oracle required OS/Databases/Application patches for Fujitsu 1500.
* Apply OS patches.
* Complete backup of all
* Redirect the SAN for db and app 6800's test boxes to the new Fujitsu 1500,
using in mirror domains.
* Apply Database/Application patches.
* Relink Oracle and APPS.
* Bring up apps.
* If pass, decommision test 6800's.
* Restore backup version and point SAN back to 6800's.
We have just started to think about how to accomplish this, but time is short so any input will be greatly appreciated.