I have an ACERPOWER F2, that is only 15 months old. It works for 2 or 3 days sometimes longer. Then, I can get up walk away and come back and the PC is turned off. No apps were even running.
So, here is the basic troubleshooting I have done.
1. Turned off as many apps as I can.
2. Searched the event viewer for errors, and found none.
3. Installed everest home edition for temp monitoring. The system is set to shutdown at 203 F...this system stays at 118 F.
4. Installed a cooling fan just in case...it just dropped the temp by another 7 degrees.
5. Changed out the memory with Kingston DDR 3200 and installed cooling shield on RAM.
6. Checked power supply, and it never gets hot.
7. Ran system with case open...all CPU fans running just fine.
8. Replaced hard drive and then reinstalled OS via recovery CD, just so data wasn't damaged.
9. Placed system on a bigger UPS and same situation.
Today, I was reinstalling ever thing and it just shut off!
So, that leaves me to the big 4...It's either the motherboard, CPU, CPU\CPU fan maybe needing thermal grease reapplied, or the actual power supply is bad and is just cutting out.
Any other ideas?