Policy not applying to XP clients
Posted on 2006-05-03
I am trying to deploy a restrictive policy to users in an OU. Using the GPMC (SBS2003), I see that the results wizard shows the correct application of policy elements I have defined. But the policy is of no effect on the PC (XP Pro SP2) the designated user logs into - and we've tried multiple PCs. To test, I have only enabled the 'Disable and Hide desktop icons' setting - there are no computer settings involved. I have forced a gpupdate on the client that shows successful policy refresh, and confirmed correct primary DNS configuration. I have utilised GPO's successfully in the past, but I don't know where to go to from here. Help!