Dell 1850 RAID1 / Dell PV220 S - Regenerate Failure
Posted on 2006-05-04
I have 2 similar problems with my Dell Raid setup. Just started working with Dell equipment.
Plus I would like to get some tips, links regarding configuration for Dell RAID1 and RAID 10, Howto on the installed Management cards etc.
I have 12 Dell 1850's configured with Raid1.
12th Server has a second scsi interface for the PV220S
- When I remove and re-insert a drive from the Dell 1850 the server beeps and fails to re-generate.
- I end up having to re-create the Raid1 mirror and re-install Centos 4.0
- When I remove and re-insert a drive from the PV220S the server beeps and fails to re-generate that drive.
- I end up having to re-create the RAID10 on the PV
- The Operating system reports seek errors with the PV220S
Any tips for configuring/using the installed management cards would helpfull too.