I plan to do the above on the system explained.
2 x Windows 2000 DCs and 1 x Windows 2000 Exchange Server (AD Connector) and 1 Windows 200 Member Server.
Going to migrate to 2 x new boxes - 1 x Windows 2003 SBS and 1 x Windows 2003 Enterprise DC.
I plan to do the following to migrate the domain.
- Service pack 4 all 2k servers (DCs)
- Extend AD Schema to accomodate Win2k3
- Build Win2k3 SBS but not run sbs wizard (effectively std edition).
- Join Win2k3 SBS server to win2k domain
- Transfer FSMO roles and make PDC (effectively)
- Run SBS Wizard and finish SBS'ing the server - including installing Exchange 2003
- Migrate/Move Exchange mailboxes accross to new SBS Server
- DCPROMO redundant 2k boxes out of the domain
- DCPROMO new 2k3 Enterprise server into domain
Now does the above sound like a) a good plan and b) is there anything major in particular i should be wary of.
Is there a better way of migrating the domain? Is this a good / efficient way of doing this?
Any thoughts, tips and recommendations much appreciated.