Need help on VPN RV042 to WRV54G site-to-site setup
Posted on 2006-05-06
I have a DSL router from SBC (2wire) which doesn't support VPN passthrough. So I set
DMZ to linksys RV042 (there is no separate DMZ port on this 2wire). 2Wire then assigns
its external IP 71.xxx.xxx.216 to this linksys RV042. At this point, I guess RV042 WAN1
is equivalent to 2wire WAN interface. 2Wire is setup to provide DHCP for 10.0.0.xxx
and RV042 is 192.168.1.xxx.
Basically, I want to setup so that 192.168.5.x can VPN tunnel to 192.168.1.x but
1. Is it possible with these devices or should I setup differently ?
2. 10.0.0.xxx and 192.168.5.x can connect to Internet fine but not 192.168.1.x.
3. 192.168.1.x cannot talk to anyone except RV042. BTW, RV042 is setup as gateway
and not a router.
4. Tunnel between RV042 and WRV54G doesn't work.
5. Should I use port forwarding instead of DMZ from 2wire to RV042?
Here is a setup.
SBC DSL |
192.168.5.x---WRV54G---- Internet ---- 2wire reouter----+-----RV042-------------192.168.1.x
DMZ assigned by