Ok I am running SBS 2003 and a 2wire router. The router has dhcp disabled or it actualy is not enabled. (I would have thought this was the same) I have setup up a scope for sbs to provide ips for the network. The network only consists of 4 client pcs. It has been running ok until now. Thie problems I seem to be having are as follows.
Although dhcp is disabled at the router if for any reason the clients can get an address from the DC then it seems to get one from the router. I know this because the Ips are not within the range setup in the scope. But sometimes If i can a client to take a ip assigned by the dc it then tries to use the router for dns. Also I have notice I keep getting an exclamtion mark by the scope. I have tried deleting that scope and creating a new scope but the same thing seems to happen after a while. Also the only way I can get a client to get an Sbs assigned ip is by disconnecting the router from the network. I think Im going to become a plumber.