OK... I'm gonna apologies in advance if I seem short in this post. I've been trying to get a resolution for this probelm and I have had no luck as of yet.
I posted here before with the same issues, but there were 2 NIC cards in the 2003 server. After trying and failing to get a split network working, I ended up removing the external NIC card and I'm now running on one. I was under the impression that the problem would then go away. It did not.
The connection works fine, but when I try to connect to the server with say Outlook, that calles the server name to get connected, it fails. Pinging the server name ends up giving a different IP address (64.100.x.x) than what the right IP address should be (192.168.117.7). To add insult to injury, this is also hit & miss, meaning sometimes I ping the right address, sometimes not.
Now I have tested with two different PCs configured the same on the VPN side. One will ping the right address, the other will not. DNS has been flushed, re-configured, etc... to no avail. I'm wondering if I need a LMHOST Table.
I may end up enabling VPN on an NT4 box I still have for other reasons, cause I am not finding a solution for this issue. (Trust me, I've searched.) I found something here that stated the RRAS IPs need to be seperate from the DHCP pool. I've block address and set them up under RRAS to be used, but I'm pretty sure I had this set already before re-running the wizards.
Thank you in advance.