There was a problem with the mailboxes on a 5.5 Exchange server, and I was given the information that all users used PST files to remove the mails from Exchange, so I was pretty confident I could go with a process, where I would delete the users mailbox in the server, and then create it with the same details.
This solved the problem they were, and since the user had a PST on it's desktop, no info would be lost.
I found out, to my surprise that the information I got was incorrect, most users actually didn't have PSTs... Result, I deleted all their e-mails.
Now, I have the EDB file, but when I open it with Ontrack PowerControls, I can only see e-mails they received since the operation was done, yet the database size is still the old size, giving me hope that maybe the old e-mails are there somewhere, and maybe I could retrive them.