Problem Mapping Drives on a PC from another Domain
Posted on 2006-05-10
I have a user that visits our office frequently. He has a laptop that is a member of another Win2k3 domain. He needs to access our files which are on a shared folder on our Win2K3 domain. The shared folder has the "everyone group" having read permission and his username has acl access to the folder.
I gave this user a username on our domain, so I could map a network drive on his laptop from the other domain, using his credentials on ours, but I get invalid username or password.
Some other notes:
- I know the username and password are correct
- The username is not the same as his actual domains username.
- He has a valid I.P. and can ping the server to which the folder is located.
- The command I'm trying to use us "net use T: \\10.0.0.18\corp /user:username"
- The same command works fine on other computers that are part of our domain.
Let the race begin for the answer and thanks in advance EE community!