Ok, this is getting rediculous and I'm about ready to pull out what little hair I have left.
This is a continuation of, or is related to, a previous problem that was resolved. (http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Windows_Server_2003/Q_21843687.html
I'm racking my brain to find out why a GPO-based login script is NOT running on my personal workstation. I have to run the "test" version of our domain login script to ensure there are no "gotchas" before rolling it out to the user community. The previous issue I had was that I was running both login scripts, when I only should have been running one. Now, however, I'm not able to run ANY on my workstation so long as it's configured through group policy. The script runs properly on just about any server that I log in to, but not my workstation.
Here's what I've checked:
1) Using the GPMC, that there are no "computer" policies in effect that would prohibit my machine from running the script in question
2) I've deleted the original GPO that was set up for my own personal account with the "test" script, and created a new one with the only setting being the user logon script.
3) Given myself "full control" permissions to the GPO through the GPMC.
4) I've even ticked the "block inheritance" setting in the GPMC
5) After any change I have performed "GPUPDATE /FORCE" on both the workstation I'm using as well as the domain controller.
6) rebooted more times that I care to admit.
7) Using the GPMC and "Group Policy Results Wizard", I've confirmed that the GPO assigned to my user account is the only one that's being applied when I log in.
8) My user account is NOT a member of "Domain Users", but is a member of "domain admins" and others
9) My computer account is NOT a member of "Domain Computers" but is a member of other groups.
10) When I set the "profile" tab of my user account to run this script, then reboot, then login... the script runs as it should. I have done this without any additional GPOs being applied to my user account.
11) When I remove the script from my "profile" tab, then reboot, then login... the script does not run
I'm sooooo frustrated with this.
I suspect that my XP pro workstation is caching the group policy even after multiple reboots, but I can' be sure.