Sharing A Sub Calendar
Posted on 2006-05-10
Hello, i have a User that has a sub-calandar under her main calendar. I am trying to share that sub-calendar out to another User. However, only the "main" calendar can be seen(SEE NUMBER 12 BELOW). We are using Outlook 2002 on Exchange 2003. Can someone tell me if the sub-calendar can be shared and if so what I'm missing. I'd rather not have the whole email account shared if I can avoid it.
I tried the following:
1. In the Folder List OF THE TARGET USER'S OUTLOOK, right-click the main and sub-calendar folders (separately) I wanted to share, and then clicked Properties on the shortcut menu.
2. I set permissions for only one folder at a time.
3. Click the Permissions tab.
4. Click Add.
5. In the Type name or select from list box, I entered the name of the person I wanted to grant sharing permissions to.
6. Click Add, and then click OK.
7. In the Name box, click the name of the person I just added.
8. Under Permissions, chose the settings I wanted
9. Open THE USER'S OUTLOOK WHO NEEDS ACCESS
10. On the File menu, point to Open, and then click Other User's Folder.
11. In the Name box, type the name of the person who granted you sharing or delegate access permission, or click Name to select from a list.
12. In the Folder list, click the folder you want to open. (MY NOTES: HERE I CANNOT SEE THE SUB-CALENDAR)