Here's the senario
Outlook 2003 SP2 / Exchange 2003 user creates an email with an excel attachment. Addresses it to 2 people on the same remote exchange 2003 server. The message is sent.
Two SMTP Messages are generated and sent out.
Two SMTP Messages are received by the remote SMTP Proxy Server, and forwarded on to the Exchange 2003 server.
User 1 Opens his e-mail, (Outlook 2003) and see's a message with no attachment.
User 2 Opens his e-mail, (Outlook 2003) and see's a message with the right attachment.
Looking at the SMTP Proxy Log, there are the followinig differences in the messages:
On the user who received the attachment:
Content-Type: application/vnd.ms-excel; name="Filename.xls" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Description: Filename.xls Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Filename.xls"
On the user who did not receive the attachment:
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
- Same Person Generated the Messages
- Same Local Exchange Server Sent the Messages
- Same Remote Exchange Server Recd the Messages
- 2 Users with same Outlook version opens the messages
- One person can see the attachment, the other person can not. What gives?
Thanks in advance.