Is there a planning tool for implementing Group Policies?
Posted on 2006-05-12
We're in the process of implementing group policies (for the first time) on a small network. The network consists of the following:
- About 25 workstations (Windows XP Pro)
- 5 laptops (Windows XP Pro)
- 3 servers (Windows Server 2003 Std)
- Single Active Directory domain
- At least 3 groups of people that need different group policies defined for them
Is there a tool that helps in the planning process to define the policies for the groups of people. We know about the GP templates, the Resultant Set of Policies tool, and pretty much all the other Microsoft GP related tools.
By the way, we're going to be using ScriptLogic's Desktop Authority to implement and maintain the group policies.
I'm assigning the max points to this because this is a difficult topic and we need to get it done quickly.
Thanks in advance for your help.