cms for database driven websites
Posted on 2006-05-17
I usually create multi tier apps and database driven ecommerce websites using J2EE and ASP.NET.
One of my clients wants a new module for an ecommerce website which shows company info, news and other information which is updated through a cms. Since the budget is too low, i am planning to implement an open source cms.
The problem is I have never implemented or worked on a cms before, so i need to know a few things.
Note: the current application i want to implement cms is in J2EE, But be general as possible, since i might want to implement in my future ASP.NET apps.
1) How do i go about doing it?
2) Can it be easily implemented in existing websites?
3) Some content needs to be taken from database. Is it possible?
The site has flash movies embedded in the pages. The layout and design needs to be consistant through out the ecommerce site. So, my questions:
4) Can i use any existing custom layout with cms, or do i have to create a layout using cms?
5) Is there any limitations in open source cms applications when using flash or other embedded plugins?
6)I am planning to use Lenya for use in J2ee applications and DotNetNuke for ASP.NET application. Is this a good choice?
Next question is specific to J2EE
7)I use MVC frameworks like Struts or JSF in my applications. Is there any difference when implementing cms with MVC framework?