It would be much easier to show you what I want but I will try to describe it. We have a big office with 10 receptionists and we want to create something like a calendar control where they can schedule many patients in a particular time slot on a particular week day. Let me try to draw the control that I want:
Checkbox for Schedule immediate Appointment
This Week Next Week
Appointment Time| 05/22/2005 | 05/23/2006 | 05/29/2005 | 05/30/2005
8:00 | 5 | 2 | 4 | 3
9:00 | 6 | 3 | 8 | 2
10:00 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 4
All the information would be read from a database so the appointment times and the number slots would be different from day to day. This is how it would work: if a receptionist clicks on the first slot that shows 5 (under 05/22/2005) to schedule an appointment for a patient, then the 5 should be decremented to 4. If 2 receptionists click on this same slot, then the resulting number should be 3, as the information will be shared by all 10 receptionists.
To design the control, I was thinking of using 2 datagrids but I'm not sure how to start. Also,
1. I would like to put one color for This Week data and another color for Next Week data.
2. When the receptionist clicks on a slot, they should get a pop-up window
3. Past information would be greyed out (If it is 12 p.m today, the receptionist shouldn't be able to schedule appointments for 8:30 this morning.)
4. It would be good if the control could be designed so that other applications could use it and not just my reception application. (Custom or user? which is best?)
5. The information would have to be constantly refreshed in the control as receptionists use the slots. Note that the receptionists cannot change the values of the slots.
Sorry for making this so long. Please point me in the right direction! Thanks in advance.